This page has moved to a new address.

case study challenge 70

lime doodle: case study challenge 70

15 December 2011

case study challenge 70

So how's your Christmas preparations going? It's certainly a crazy time of year! I'm doing OK but equally will be happier when the to do list is a bit shorter. I love the feeling on Christmas Eve when it's simply to late to do anything else. What's done is done and what's not we will manage without. With everyone being so busy, we are giving you a bit more time for our CASE study challenge today. This challenge will run for two weeks - from today until 28th December. Here's the beauty from our muse Amy:


Now this card had me stumped for a while. Don't get me wrong - I love it, but I just wasn't sure what to select as key elements. There is so many gorgeous details to choose from I just wasn't sure how to do it justice. In the end I went with background stamping, ribbon and a circular element.


Supplies: Stamps - Papertrey Ink big birthday wishes, Hero Arts designer woodgrain; Inks - Versamark, Versacolor pinecone; Card - Papertrye Ink soft stone, Stampin' Up pumpkin pie, bashful blue, early espresso; Dies - Papertrey Ink by the numbers, Spellbinders circles; Embossing - Cuttlebug swiss dots; Ribbon - Stampin' Up; Button

A friend asked me to make a 50th card for a man, so I picked out a woodgrain background stamp and some masculine colours and got to work. I clear embossed the woodgrain onto the soft stone cardstock and dry embossed the blue card to try and add texture and interest without adding girly touches.



Fancy some more inspiration? Take a look at what the rest of the DT got up to:

Andrea
Clare
Cristina
Debby - that's me!
Jean
Julie
Maureen
Teneale
Teresa 

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 15 December 2011 at 12:38 , Blogger Teresa Kline said...

such a awesome manly 50th birthday card...hope you have a wonderful day Debby!

enjoy *~*

 
At 16 December 2011 at 04:34 , Blogger Amy Sheffer said...

Oh my gosh, Debby, I LOVE!!! So clean and graphic, with just the right amount of little extras to discover! I'm honored by your CASE! A totally different (and totally amazing) direction! I'm tickled!

 
At 16 December 2011 at 16:02 , Blogger carol (krillsister) said...

Another lovely birthday card. Very different from the other. Decisions, decisions, decisions. I am glad I don't have to make it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home