This page has moved to a new address.

case study challenge 135

lime doodle: case study challenge 135

4 April 2013

case study challenge 135

Seriously, it's the first Thursday in the month already? How did April sneak up on me LOL. Maybe it's because I'm knee deep in two weeks with the kids off school! Well , it IS the first Thursday in the month, so you know the drill by now - it's time for a new CASE Study muse! It is with great excitement that we have none other than JJ Bolton joining us!!



The Mom Word die from Lil' Inker Designs was still out on my desk when I sat down to make something for this fabulous card of JJ's so it was an obvious starting point. 


I loved the technique JJ used here; seriously amazing precision! What struck me was the depth of colour in the centre and that got me thinking, so I die cut my word out of glitter card and used Copic markers to create an ombre effect with depth in the centre of the die cut and fading out to the edges. Popped it onto a double layered tag and then broke out the Perfect Bow die from Simon Says Stamp and gave it the same treatment.

I can't wait to see what the rest of the team have done and on that point give a big CASE Study welcome to our guest for April, Anya Schrier :)

Muse: JJ Bolton
Guest Designer: Anya Schrier



Debby Hughes - me!


Supplies: Card - Papertrey Ink vintage cream, Stampin' Up glitter card; Copic markers; Sequins; Dies - Lil' Inker Designs mom word, Simon Says Stamp perfect bow, Papertrey Ink tag sale 3; Kraft tag

Labels: , ,

20 Comments:

At 4 April 2013 at 09:21 , Blogger Stephanie said...

Beautiful! Okay....am I going to have to get myself some sequins now?! #always last to the party lol

 
At 4 April 2013 at 09:35 , Blogger Caryn said...

Lol Steph - I caved on the sequins too!!
Debby - this is astonishing! Did you add glitter to the die-cuts - if so, how (before of after assembling them??)

 
At 4 April 2013 at 10:09 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful results with the copics on glitter card. Will have to give it a go as it's so striking! :)

 
At 4 April 2013 at 10:48 , Blogger Taheerah said...

Oh my but this is sugar-coated glittery goodness!!! And your ombre is so natural, I didn't even realise I was looking at it as it just drew me straight in!! Perfect perfect perfect!!!!

PS: stop making me want that bow die!

 
At 4 April 2013 at 11:03 , Blogger Cris G. said...

Perfection: "the act of making something perfect":)

 
At 4 April 2013 at 11:40 , Blogger Unknown said...

absolutely gorgeous!

 
At 4 April 2013 at 12:04 , Blogger Michelle said...

Love the glittery ombre on your tag! Brilliant!

 
At 4 April 2013 at 13:14 , Blogger Debby said...

Hi Caryn, I die cut Stampin' Up glitter card and then carefully with the broad end of a copic added colour :) it was ever so easy to do.

 
At 4 April 2013 at 13:17 , Blogger Debby said...

Lots of those lovely sequins on EBay: just search for cup sequins :) I'm not enabling at all, honest!

 
At 4 April 2013 at 13:29 , Blogger Aimes said...

So I need sequins AND glitter card now?!?! Debby, you're doing my credit card no favours! LOL!
LOVE the ombre effect and those dies....oh I think I need those dies too! Eeek!
Hugs!
x

 
At 4 April 2013 at 14:04 , Blogger Sue McRae said...

Seriously gorgeous tag! Love the shading of the glitter paper!

 
At 4 April 2013 at 15:19 , Blogger Christine L said...

HI Debby....
this is seriously fabulous!! Love that coloured glitter card technique... wowww!!

Hugs
Christine x

 
At 4 April 2013 at 18:43 , Blogger Larissa Heskett said...

Such a BEAUTIFUL tag!! I LOVE the FUN Design and glitter ombre yummy!! =) SO EXCITED about the release!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

 
At 5 April 2013 at 03:53 , Blogger jintyoo7 said...

WOW - Debby, this is extraordinarily beautiful :)

 
At 5 April 2013 at 11:56 , Blogger Suzie McFloozy said...

A-MAZING ! this just looks stunning x Thanks for another inspiring project - def trying this technique at the weekend x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

 
At 5 April 2013 at 16:28 , Blogger Kreativelena said...

Wow, this tag was really beautiful <3

 
At 5 April 2013 at 19:20 , Blogger reeree62 said...

Debby,
I have subscribed to your blog for quite some time now. For some reason, I've stopped getting email updates! I tried to subscribe again, but it tells me I'm already a subscriber! Can you delete my old subscription & re-add me again? My email address is:
reeree62(at)aol(dot)com
Thanks!!!

 
At 5 April 2013 at 23:34 , Blogger Jen Carter said...

This is stunning Debby! LOVE everything about it!

 
At 6 April 2013 at 08:04 , Blogger Debby said...

Hi Ree, I've done that and I'm sorry you've been having trouble with the subscription. Hopefully it's fixed now :)

 
At 8 April 2013 at 16:15 , Blogger Darnell said...

Debby, this card is as beautiful as any bouquet of flowers! Genius!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home